Thursday, April 1, 2010

Affordable Travel Airfares - Flight Passes

Every time I receive in my email inbox a notification about a special on flight passes, I hope that this time they really will be an affordable travel option. And with each opening of the email my hopes fade.

I just don't get the value of these things. Yes, it is true that they do offer some flexibility that a regular airfare ticket does not however each time I do the math ($10500/30 flights or 15 return flights = $700 for say a ticket to Boston or NYC) This does not seem to offer any value. I can buy a ticket for under $400 to NYC or Boston.

This morning Air Canada sent an email offering 8 free flight passes for the purchase of a business flight pass, however even at $10500 (for the US commuter) these additional passes are not awarded. You have to buy a more expensive pass. Not great value.

For affordable travel airfares, you are still better to watch for the weekly specials and book those.

Happy Affordable Travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment