Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Affordable Travel - Virtual

Okay so this is cheating a little on affordable travel since it's not actual travel, it's virtual.

The impetus to this article was watching the movie "The International". Personally, I love the watching movies that take me back to Europe. I'd love to be in Europe everyday so when an everyday activity like watching a movie can virtually take me there, I'm all for it.

As a result, I was inpsired to create a list of movies which help you achieve affordable travel by virtually visiting the destination.

So it is cheating a little but watching a movie can be a great way to either get a sense of a destination (just make sure they are authentic in their representation) or help you reminisce about a destination you've already visited.

Virtual Affordable Travel Movie List:
The International
Borne Identity
Lost In Translation
Into The Wild
Under The Tuscan Sun
Vicki Christina Barcelona
A Good Year
One Week
Bucket List
Tsunami: The Aftermath
Amélie
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Out of Africa
Amal
Slumdog Millionaire
Monsoon Wedding
Earth, Fire, Water

There are also a few movies which are great for virtually visiting an artist's world.

Mozart Decoded
Vincent and Theo
Modigliani
Factory Girl
Pollock
Klimt

I'm sure there are many more but this would be a great start to virtual affordable travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment